Sunday, October 23, 2011

a Girl and her SHOES!

What is it about a girl and her shoes? We want them! We need them!! We have to have them!!! But what do we do when we find that perfect pair at a garage sale or thrift store (only a dollar or two) and, darn! wrong size? Pass up a cute pair of shoes?...I think not!

My solution...make them into a necklace!

A little crazy? Maybe! And yet, I've created some designs that I would never have imagined otherwise and they are completely unique!


 This design called Autumn Leaves began with these sandals that I found at a thrift store.

I painted the suede leaves to up the luxury value
and embellished them with lustrous pearls.
 I finished the piece off with a copper chain and a handmade hook clasp.

Over the next couple of days I will be sharing more of my shoe-licious leather creations. I hope you will return and check them out!

Sharing with: Not Just A Housewife: Show Me What Ya Got

Featured at I Gotta Create

17 comments:

  1. Kathy - that is so creative! I'll certainly be checking back. Checked out your photo gallery and you have inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! What a fantastic, and creative idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful piece! Your creativity is never ending, that's for sure! I'm afraid to count how many shoes I have! I guess when I go to thin them out, I might have to repurpose them into jewelry. Who would've thought shoes=jewelry? Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes..love love love this idea!! It makes me giggle when I reuse or alter something!! Your necklace is amazing!!Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if my comment was published and I just HAD to tell you that I love your necklace!!Excellent idea!!Hugs,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great piece. I have to say it is the first necklace from a shoe I've seen and I love it and want one of my own! I think I might have to go looking for shoes the next time I'm thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful. So creative! Perfect for the fall. I have a NEW pair of boots that don't fit...now you have me thinking : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.My.Gosh. I alwys love seeing a great "upcycle" and you really have the vision for it. I would never have thought of shoes as a source for making a necklace. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely STUNNING!!! Thanks for linking them up to my party. They class the whole joint up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cool!!
    Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, hello! I just ran across your blog for the first time on Tip Junkie and what do I find? Brilliance! Beauty! And a feeling of "why didn't I think of that?". SO creative! I'll be checking back to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry...my bad. I found you from I Gotta Create. Which I found through Tip Junkie. No matter how I found you, I'm happy I did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is just so creative! Love it! Im a new follower, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That necklace is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! What a creative idea! I'm gonna look at shoes in a whole new way now (I knew I loved shoes)....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Turned out so stunning!

    I've done this before with a pair of flip-flops that have beautiful rhinestones on them. They were way too big, but I wanted the rhinestones to make a necklace with! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely LOVE these leather pieces! Especially when integrated with beads...primarily copper beads against the dark and light varieties of leather...spectacular. Thanks for sharing!

    -Amelia http://thebeadgoeson.com/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy