Sunday, May 27, 2012

New Beginnings - a necklace for spring

I LOVE SPRINGTIME!


All around me I’ve been hearing faint chirping sounds
coming from the baby birds nestled high up in the treetops.  

One determined mama even managed to build her nest
in the rafters of the indoor building where I play tennis! 
 When I go to serve, I can hear her babies cheering me on
to victory or at least reminding me that the long damp
winter is over and the promise of a warm summer
is just around the corner.


I encased the letters N-E-S-T in ICE Resin® 
and wired them onto blue satin ribbon.


I created a “nest” using wire “twigs”, blue pearl “eggs” and a cage bezel and used a hook clasp to hang it from the ribbon. 
 

8 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Ice Queen blog. It's a stunning piece! The colors are gorgeous and I love all the great techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH this is lovely, Kathy...so freeform, original, and creative! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and unique piece...very beautiful! Kim and the kids have a nest on their back porch filled with baby birds. The wind blew down the nest the other day and they had to come to the rescue and save the babies by carefully putting the nest back together and placing the babies back in the nest. Apparently, mama bird is once again taking care of the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. I especially love the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy it is stunning! I have a thing for nests lately and this is SUch an original interpretation! Love it. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your work! I am trying to get brave enough to start making jewelry. Just popping over from One Artsy Mama to see this necklace:) I would love for you to share this at Freedom Fridays. So hoping to see you and your cookies there!
    PS Am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a unique and lovely variation on the typical bird nest pendant! I love what you've done here. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you brought this beautiful bird's nest to my party. I just love the originality of this. Thank you so much for sharing at Freedom Fridays. Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy