Thursday, June 7, 2012

On The Road Again!

Those of you who check in on my blog every once in a while might remember this mixed media necklace I created last year called
 ROAD TRIP


I created it from - what would be considered - unusual jewelry components. You can find out what those components are
and the process behind the creative journey here.

I'm thrilled to say that somewhere along the roadside
this unique piece was picked up and hitched a ride into the 
Summer Issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry.


This issue is packed full of interesting jewelry articles including one by my good friend, Cat Kerr. Cat and her sister collaborated together to create a heartfelt necklace called
"A Sister's Bond"



Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. I love it! What great components you used in this unique piece! I can't wait to read more when my issue arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite piece I've seen on your blog...I can see why they wanted to feature it...really wonderful! A BIG Congratulations, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo!!!A Big Congrats to you my friend!! This piece is amazing!!I'm not sure if I ever told you but the zipper part is soooooooo coool!!
    xoxo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gosh and thank you so much for mentioning me and my sis!!thanks friend,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always so exciting to see your own creations in print! It is a great piece - like all your work - so unique! I can't wait to see it in the magazine. Congratulations Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an Honor for you! the necklace is a stand-out!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you'll come back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Kathy! It's a great piece...well deserving of a magazine feature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm taking a road trip soon, so I love the idea of this necklace. I didn't know you were friends with Cat. She's going to be in a future issue of Jewelry Affaire. You both have been so wonderful to work with : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats. This is a great piece and that's a great name for it.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

Have a great day!
Kathy